Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2002/03/03 22:14:10 UTC

Re: Two possible new tasks

Diane,

So where are these new tasks?  :)  I *need* them!  :))

Also, are there any objections to making these tasks available outside of a
<target> so that they can used alongside <property>?

    Erik

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> Also, are there any objections to making these tasks available
> outside of a <target> so that they can used alongside <property>?

Strong objections against adding any new special cases, yes.

We sort of agreed to allow *all* tasks outside of <target>s in Ant2,
we could do so right now, if we wanted to.

Stefsn

Re: Two possible new tasks

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> So where are these new tasks?  :)  I *need* them!  :))

I have to find the time to write test-cases for them, and that's not
something I can just whip out, since I've never written any before -- just
added something for <available>.

In the meantime, you're welcome to just have them -- I've attached the
jar.

> Also, are there any objections to making these tasks available outside
> of a <target> so that they can used alongside <property>?

Tried that a long time ago with <available>, but it didn't fly.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

http://sports.yahoo.com