Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Yacubovich, David" <dy...@collegeboard.org> on 2016/02/25 19:30:47 UTC

User data is not base64 encoded

Hello All,
I am trying to test the use of userdata on CS 4.6. I am creating new instance from the UI and I paste the base64 encoded string into the userdata box. But I get this error every time. I can't find any examples of how to use userdata online. Can someone please give me an example of how this should work?

Here is m example:

# echo "env: poclab
container: tomcat" | base64
ZW52OiBwb2NsYWIKY29udGFpbmVyOiB0b21jYXQK

And I paste this string into userdata box.

Thanks,
David

Re: User data is not base64 encoded

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
David,

I can't speak to the GUI userdata, as I've never used it from the GUI. Have you tried using CloudMonkey?

Here's some info related to userdata:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/latest/virtual_machines.html#user-data-and-meta-data

- Si