Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Benoit Tellier <bt...@linagora.com> on 2014/12/22 09:53:31 UTC

Failing test for MAILBOX-206

Hi,

You will found as an attachment a patch containing a failing test,
corresponding to MAILBOX-206.

It simply launches in two different threads an update on messages flags,
on different flags ( in thread one we mark mails as DELETED and in
thread 2 we mark it as DRAFT ). I added a sleep in
CassandraMessageMapper to simulate network latency ( and be sure to
observe the data race ). The expected result is to have both
modifications applied. The observed result is that mails are only marked
as DRAFT.

I wrote some code that solve the issue ( it passes this test and lead to
no regressions ). I will send it as a patch as soon as we will have
finished to review it at Linagora.

Merry christmas ( in advance ),

Tellier Benoit

Re: Failing test for MAILBOX-206

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
MAILBOX-206 does not have the patch. Can you attach it there?