Posted to user@madlib.apache.org by xiufeng liu <to...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/14 08:04:38 UTC

Install Madlib 1.17 on PostgreSQL 12

Hello,
I saw MADlib1.17 version supports PostgreSQL 12.x. But, PostgresSQL 12 on
Ubuntu does not support Python2.x any more. They only have
package postgresql-plpython3-12.

So, when I install MADlib into my database, I received the following error.
Do you have any workaround? thanks

madpack.py: INFO : Testing PL/Python environment...
madpack.py: INFO : > Creating language PL/Python...
SQL command failed:
SQL: CREATE LANGUAGE plpythonu;
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plpython2": No such file or directory
: ERROR : False
madpack.py: ERROR : Cannot create language plpythonu. Please check if you
                have configured and installed portid (your platform) with
                `--with-python` option. Stopping installation...
Traceback (most recent call last):

/Xiufeng