Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Tom Götz <to...@decoded.de> on 2014/02/05 16:09:17 UTC

AjaxRequestTarget.IListener question

Hi there,

I’d like to add something to the AjaxRequestTarget "at the very end“, i.e. I need to be the last one to add something to the target (because I need to check some preconditions that might change if the target is manipulated later on).

Reading the Javadoc of org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxRequestTarget.IListener#onAfterRespond I learned that adding components at that stage is already too late. Is there an alternative to AjaxRequestTarget.IListener that might do the job?

Cheers,
   -Tom

Re: AjaxRequestTarget.IListener question

Posted by Tom Götz <to...@decoded.de>.
Ok, I was misinterpreting the Javadoc of org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxRequestTarget.IListener#onBeforeRespond: "Triggered before ajax request target begins its response cycle“. That sounded to me as it was called *before* the action phase …

Thanks for the hint, I will try that.

Cheers,
   -Tom

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.