Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by RaghuRam Mynampati <mm...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/07 21:14:43 UTC

Importing data Issue in Derby Databaseusing NetBeans IDE

hi,

  I am Importing data from and Excel file into Derby database using NetBeans IDE and I am Using procedure for it.
  When I am using it I am getting the following error

ERROR 42X04: Column COLOUM2 is either not in any table in the

FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the

scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not

in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then

COLUMN is not a column in the target table."

PLEASE ANYBODY HELP. I SHOULD FIX THE ISSUE.

thanks,

Rags

---------------------------------
Sponsored Link

Re: Importing data Issue in Derby Databaseusing NetBeans IDE

Posted by Suresh Thalamati <su...@gmail.com>.
RaghuRam Mynampati wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am Importing data from and Excel file into Derby database using
> NetBeans IDE and I am Using procedure for it.
> When I am using it I am getting the following error
>

> ERROR 42X04: Column COLOUM2 is either not in any table in the
>
> FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the
>
> scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not
>
> in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then
>

> COLUMN is not a column in the target table."
>

> PLEASE ANYBODY HELP. I SHOULD FIX THE ISSUE.
>
> thanks,
>
> Rags

I have never tried importing data using  Netbeans IDE, but one
scenario I have seem above error is if the data file does not have
data for all the columns. For example :

create table t1(a int , b int , c int );

and the data file t1.txt has
1, 2
3, 4

call SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE (null, 'T1', 't1.txt', null, null,
null, 0)

above import procedure call  will fail, with the same error you are
seeing.

Another thing I would check is how the columns are separated in the
file and the format matches with the arguments to import procedure you
are passing.

I think, the error should be improved for this case.

hope that helps
-suresh