Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Swathi Singamsetty <sw...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/09 04:33:58 UTC

Solr Collection Create API queries

Hi Team,

To implement the feature "Persist and use the
replicationFactor,maxShardsPerNode at Collection&Shard level" am following
the steps mentioned in the jira ticket
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4808.

I used the "smartCloud" and "autoManageCluster" properties to create a
collection in the create collection API to allow the overseer to bring up
the minimum no. of replicas for each shard as per the replicationFactor set
. But these 2 properties did not persist in the cluster state. Could
someone let me know how to use these properties in this feature?

Thanks & Regards,
Swathi.

Re: Solr Collection Create API queries

Posted by Swathi Singamsetty <sw...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Anshum.
I would try the approach of managing it from outside first and see how it
works.

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

Posted by Swathi Singamsetty <sw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Just to clarify here, I said that I really think it's an XY problem here. I
still don't know what is being attempted/built.

From the last email, sounds like you want to build/support auto-addition of

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Swathi Singamsetty <sw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.