Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io> on 2017/11/20 23:19:43 UTC

CommandOverHttpDUnitTest seems to be causing a bunch of tests to needlessly be run

This is a test-suite class that is causing 13 other test classes to be
run a second time.  We should remove this class and create a gradle task
to run the tests based on their category, like we do with client/server,
membership and other categories.

Re: CommandOverHttpDUnitTest seems to be causing a bunch of tests to needlessly be run

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
CommandOverHttpDUnitTest reruns those tests with the system
property CliCommandTestBase.USE_HTTP_SYSTEM_PROPERTY enabled.

Using a suite results in the results of these tests being overwritten when
the tests rerun using HTTP.

An approach that would keep both test results would be to subclass each
test with CliCommandTestBase.USE_HTTP_SYSTEM_PROPERTY enabled. This would
also be more obvious to other developers that aren't has familiar with
these tests. The subclasses would have a different test name and thus not
overwrite the non-HTTP results: DiskStoreCommandsOverHttpDUnitTest,
GemfireDataCommandsOverHttpDUnitTest,
ListAndDescribeDiskStoreCommandsOverHttpDUnitTest,
QueueCommandsOverHttpDUnitTest, ShellCommandsOverHttpDUnitTest,
ShowStackTraceOverHttpDUnitTest.

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.