Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jurgen ERRIJGERS <je...@gcc.dhl.com> on 2002/12/12 16:34:37 UTC

Netscape problem?

Hi,

I am using struts1.1-b2 with BEA WLS6.1 on Windows2000.
I've created a login page with a simple login form (DynaValidatorForm)
:
html:form action="login" method="post"
html:form

My Action class verifies the credentials and throws an Exception when
the credentials are invalid. This Exception is declared in
struts-config.xml as part of the action element :
action path="/login"
          type="LoginAction"
          name="LoginForm"
          scope="request"
          input="/welcome.jsp">
   exception key="exception.invalidLogin.prefix"
              path=".exception"

type="com.dhl.gcc.taxibooking.exceptions.InvalidLoginException"
   forward name="success" path="/overview.html" redirect="true"
action

My problem :
I am using Netscape 4.75.
When I enter the wrong credentials I get to the exception page. It
displays the right message etc. So far, so good.
This page also contains a little form that sends the user back to the
appropriate page. When I submit this form I get a pop-up box showing :

The document contained no data.
Try again later, or contact the server's administrator.

When I take a look at the page's source code, it shows :
Missing Post reply data
Data Missing
This document resulted from a POST operation and has expired from the
cache.  If you wish you can repost the form data to recreate the
document by pressing the reload button.

Pressing the reload button doesn't solve it.
I don't have this problem when using IE5+,Opera6 or Netscape 7.

Any suggestions, comments,... are welcome.

Thanks.