Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vitaliy Semochkin <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/30 11:29:18 UTC

configuration files question

Hello,

If I understood correctly configuration files like
core-site.xml
hdfs-site.xml
mapred-site.xml
slaves
masters
hadoop-env.sh

are read by start-all/stop-all scripts on NODE that starts the CLUSTER.

How to override  property values on specific nodes in this case?

Regards,
Vitaliy S

Re: configuration files question

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Vitaliy Semochkin <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> If I understood correctly configuration files like
> core-site.xml
> hdfs-site.xml
> mapred-site.xml
> slaves
> masters
> hadoop-env.sh
> are read by start-all/stop-all scripts on NODE that starts the CLUSTER.
> How to override  property values on specific nodes in this case?
By overriding them in the node's copy of the same file (since its read
by the services that start there locally). Note that only options that
affect Tasktrackers or Datanodes may be set this way (Not
Namenode/Jobtracker).

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com