Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Dima Gritsenko <di...@ekreative.com> on 2006/09/04 12:06:22 UTC

adding new URLs to nutch index

Hi,

We are indexing DMOZ + we want to add too other URLs for indexing and seem to have a problem searching those 2 newly added URLs (no results returned).
Here's what we do to add new URL to nutch index:
1) Created a dir  /url with "url" file that contains these two URLs:
    http://www.newsvine.com/_feeds/rss2/index
    http://www.technorati.com/blogs/

2) Then the following command is run (it should be adding our extra URLs to nutch DB/index)
    bin/nutch inject crawl/crawldb urls

3) Then start recrawl
    bin/recrawl /home/dima/workspace/hapool/ /usr/share/nutch-0.8/crawl/ 3 0

We are also using index-url-category plugin that ascribes URLs to different categories for future filtered search:
Here's what we do:

Add patterns used in regex-urlfilter.txt

# accept anything else
+^http:\/\/www\.technorati\.com\/blogs.*
+.*rss.*

-.

Add patterns used in crawl-urlfilter.txt

# accept hosts in MY.DOMAIN.NAME
+^http:\/\/www\.technorati\.com\/blogs.*
+.*rss.*

# skip everything else
-.

Patterns used in index-url-category plugin

rules.properties file

# News
http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/*=news
http://www.newsvine.com/*=news
.*rss.*=news
.*\.xml=news

# Blogs
.*technorati\.com\/blogs.*=blogs

# Web
.*=web

Thank you.
Dima.

Re: adding new URLs to nutch index

Posted by Dima Gritsenko <di...@ekreative.com>.
Thank you, Vishal.
This part is working good now. Still figuring out why URLs have not been
properly categorized though.

Dima.