Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Arnold Galovics <ga...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/11 14:23:22 UTC

EclipseLink has landed

Dear Community,

Just wanted to bring everyone's attention that OpenJPA has been
successfully abandoned and has been replaced with EclipseLink - FINERACT-849
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-849>.

The implementation is already merged into the develop branch for fineract;
however I'm also preparing some documentation on this topic for future
reference which I plan to complete somewhere next week.

Should you have any questions, let me know.

P.S. if you're interested in the PR, here you go: PR#2127
<https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/2127>.

Best,
Arnold

Re: EclipseLink has landed

Posted by Petri Tuomola <pe...@tuomola.org.INVALID>.
Great work! Very impressed to see this done - getting rid of OpenJPA was
mentioned several times before, so it's brilliant to see this now
implemented. I hope we'll get a lot of benefits from the fact that
EclipseLink is actually actively maintained.

Another thing we struggled with OpenJPA was the whole "enhance" build step
and it's compatibility with IDEs like Eclipse. I hope EclipseLink behaves
better in that respect. Will give it a go in the next few days to see...

Thanks again

Regards
Petri

Re: EclipseLink has landed

Posted by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

This is awesome.  Much appreciated.

Some of you may remember when we brought mifosX to Apache (the code that
became Fineract1.0), and found out that some licenses were not compatible w
Apache.  This tore a figurative and literal hole thru the data persistence
and abstraction layer.

Goodbye JPA.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 7:13 AM Aleksandar Vidakovic <
cheetah@monkeysintown.com> wrote:

> ... another great piece of work, Arnold... this one is
> particularly appreciated, because OpenJPA was neglected for a long time and
> dropped by major frameworks (namely Spring... 2 years ago or so).
>
> Thanks again for this important improvement.
>
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 3:24 PM Arnold Galovics <ga...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Community,
>>
>> Just wanted to bring everyone's attention that OpenJPA has been
>> successfully abandoned and has been replaced with EclipseLink -
>> FINERACT-849 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-849>.
>>
>> The implementation is already merged into the develop branch for
>> fineract; however I'm also preparing some documentation on this topic for
>> future reference which I plan to complete somewhere next week.
>>
>> Should you have any questions, let me know.
>>
>> P.S. if you're interested in the PR, here you go: PR#2127
>> <https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/2127>.
>>
>> Best,
>> Arnold
>>
>> --