Posted to user@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli - Diennea <en...@diennea.com> on 2015/09/22 11:18:58 UTC

Ability to force BookieID

Hi,
I'm using option useHostNameAsBookieID in order to use the hostname as BookieID. It happened that the hostname of the machine changed and so a Bookie became broken.

Is there any other way to "force" the BookieID ?
Should I file a JIRA issue ?

Thank you

Enrico Olivelli
Software Development Manager @Diennea
Tel.: (+39) 0546 066100 - Int. 925
Viale G.Marconi 30/14 - 48018 Faenza (RA)

MagNews - E-mail Marketing Solutions
http://www.magnews.it<http://www.magnews.it/>
Diennea - Digital Marketing Solutions
http://www.diennea.com<http://www.diennea.com/>

________________________________
Iscriviti alla nostra newsletter per rimanere aggiornato su digital ed email marketing! http://www.magnews.it/newsletter/

Re: Ability to force BookieID

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
What is a more stable identifier for your bookie host? hostname or
ip-address. If your ip address doesn't change, we'd encourage you to set
useHostNameAsBookieID.

Right now, it only supports hostname or ip-address. and those ids are used
in ledger's metadata. So it doesn't support the cases where the hostname
and ip address would change on your bookies. If that is your case, please
file a JIRA issue.

- Sijie