Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Hector Fabio Meza <he...@smartools.com.co> on 2017/04/08 15:31:31 UTC

Re-using the "Hide Table" feature

Hi,

I have a ViewModel that includes a set of fields and a table. The table
has the default button that allows to change the view and hide the
table, but I have the requirement of replicating this behavior for the
set of fields.

Is this possible? I imagine I'll have to delve into the WicketViewer
classes, are there any hints or tips for this?

Thank you.

--
Hector Fabio Meza

R&D LEAD SMARTOOLS
(57) 300 2254455 [1]
Skype: hectorf.meza
www.smartools.com.co [2]

Links:
------
[1] tel:%2857%29%20300%206815404
[2] http://www.smartools.com.co/

Re: Re-using the "Hide Table" feature

Posted by Hector Fabio Meza <he...@smartools.com.co>.
Those were very detailed and useful answers, thank you. I'll take a look
at the FieldSet and PropertyGroup classes and let you know how it went.

Thanks.

El 2017-04-14 10:49, Jeroen van der Wal escribi�:

> As an immediate solution you could also use tabs, for example "Simple
> search" containing the most used field and "Advanced Search" containing
> all. Or have the results on a dedicated tab.
>
> On 14 April 2017 at 14:18, Martin Hesse <mw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On a side note: I was looking at how to hide an empty heading of a property
> group panel the other day (no name set, no actions in heading). I was
> unsure whether or how I should contribute that, but I found that in certain
> cases a fieldset didn't need a name and an empty heading just looked a bit
> strange. Let me know if you would want to create an issue for this first,
> if you're interested.
> I didn't try to hide it with css though, only thought about this
> afterwards. So unsure whether that should be a feature or not. Any comments
> welcome.
> From what I recall when looking at the markup it didn't look like the
> heading itself was easily selectable.
>
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 7:10 PM, Martin Hesse <mw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Great idea! Should we then also add a property "displayViewSelector" to
> control whether the dropdown is to be shown on the fieldset? Otherwise it
> could congest the overall presentation of the UI a bit if the layout
> contains a lot of fieldsets. In case the "displayViewSelector" expression
> is false the view should then be "open" and the "defaultView" property
> ignored. This could also be an improvement of the table layout/component,
> for cases where the view selector is not needed there either. WDYT?
>
> Martin
>
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 5:52 PM, Dan Haywood < dan@haywood-associates.co.uk wrote:
> Hi Hector,
>
> Thanks for uploading that image ... a picture tells a thousand words.
>
> To implement your requirements, I could imagine the <fieldset> element
> having an additional attribute, say "defaultView" (similar to the
> <collection> element / @CollectionLayout annotation), which might
 default

>> to "open" but also support "hide".  This corresponds to
>> the org.apache.isis.applib.layout.component.FieldSet class.
>>
>> In the UI, this corresponds to the org.apache.isis.viewer.wic
>> ket.ui.components.entity.fieldset.PropertyGroup class, which is passed
>> the FieldSet into its constructor (by way of its Wicket model).  So it
>> looks like this PropertyGroup component could quite easily be made a
 little

>> more sophisticated to have a drop-down.
>>
>> Do you fancy delving in to see if you can get a spike working (with a
>> view to incorporating this functionality into a future version of the
>> framework)?  Martin Grigorov is our Wicket expert, and he is usually
 very

> prompt at answering any Wicket-specific questions.
>
> HTH
> Dan
>
> On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 at 23:26 Hector Fabio Meza <
> hector.meza@smartools.com.co> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your quick response, Dan.
>
> What I already have is this: http://picpaste.com/pics/Captu
> ra-3YyASQhp.1491690059.JPG
>
> It's a ViewModel with a table that can contain a lot of rows, and a
> group of fields that act as filters for the table. The fields can
 sometimes

> use up a lot of the screen, so I was wondering if the same component
 that

> allows to hide the table could be used to make the zone highlighted in
 blue

> collapsible, in order to show it only when the user wants to use it.
>
> I also found this, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-1031,
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-1031%20>which could be an
> alternative, but replacing the table component sounds more difficult
 than

--
Hector Fabio Meza

R&D LEAD SMARTOOLS
(57) 300 2254455 [2]
Skype: hectorf.meza
www.smartools.com.co [3]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.smartools.com.co
[2] tel:%2857%29%20300%206815404
[3] http://www.smartools.com.co/

Re: Re-using the "Hide Table" feature

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.

Posted by Martin Hesse <mw...@gmail.com>.
On a side note: I was looking at how to hide an empty heading of a property
group panel the other day (no name set, no actions in heading). I was
unsure whether or how I should contribute that, but I found that in certain
cases a fieldset didn't need a name and an empty heading just looked a bit
strange. Let me know if you would want to create an issue for this first,
if you're interested.
I didn't try to hide it with css though, only thought about this
afterwards. So unsure whether that should be a feature or not. Any comments
welcome.
From what I recall when looking at the markup it didn't look like the

Posted by Martin Hesse <mw...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Hector,
sorry, I thought I had replied to this, but seemingly not.

I suggest you go with option #1, with the view that you can then raise a PR
and merge in the change.  If you want to go that approach then sketch out
the change to the programming model: probably something like <fieldset
defaultView="...">  similar to <collection defaultView="...">.  I suggest
that defaultView attribute takes the values of "properties" or "hide", with
"properties" being assumed if the attribute is missing.

You are right that option #3 and option #2 are the same.  The issue here -
as you have figured out - is that the XxxFactory design only applies to
metamodel elements - objects, properties, collections and actions - and
there isn't any first class object in the metamodel to represent a FieldSet
etc

HTH
Dan

#1. Creating my own modified Isis version for internal use, with direct

#3. Writing an add-on, similar to the collection views described in [2].

--
Hector Fabio Meza

R&D LEAD SMARTOOLS
(57) 300 2254455 [1]
Skype: hectorf.meza
www.smartools.com.co [2]

Links:
------

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Hector,

Posted by Hector Fabio Meza <he...@smartools.com.co>.
Thanks for your quick response, Dan.

What I already have is this:
http://picpaste.com/pics/Captura-3YyASQhp.1491690059.JPG

It's a ViewModel with a table that can contain a lot of rows, and a
group of fields that act as filters for the table. The fields can
sometimes use up a lot of the screen, so I was wondering if the same
component that allows to hide the table could be used to make the zone
highlighted in blue collapsible, in order to show it only when the user
wants to use it.

I also found this, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-1031,
[3]which could be an alternative, but replacing the table component

--
Hector Fabio Meza

R&D LEAD SMARTOOLS
(57) 300 2254455 [1]