Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Rudolf Kollien <Ru...@t-online.de> on 2016/04/21 13:38:45 UTC

Unable to upgrade from M19 to M21

Hello,

I searched the web but didn't find any answer. I don't know, if I'm the
only one with this problem.

I'm currently running Apache DS version M19 on Centos 6.7. Now i tried
to upgrade to M21 and keep my config from M19 as there are many settings
like replication, partitions, admin users, and so on.

When I copy my old config.ldif along with the partition(s) from the old
/var/lib/apache...-directory to the new one, Apache DS don't start. In
the log files I found many entries concerning about missing attributes.
Tried to do a upgrade from M19 to M20 but the errors are the same. I
tried to first export my config on the M19, stopped this, started M21
and imported the exported M19-config.ldif. But restarting the M21-server
brings up much more errors than plain copying the ldif to the config
directory.

Is there any way to upgrade and keep the config and partitions?

Any help or hint is greatly appreciated.

Rudolf