Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2008/01/28 15:30:37 UTC

VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Hi all,

I've prepared binaries for the 3.0M3 release.  The are available here:

http://people.apache.org/~kmenard/release/3.0M3/

In my own testing, everything worked fine with HSQLDB and PostgreSQL 8.2 on
MacOS X.  Derby testing failed, but Tore discovered why and the issue will
be addressed in trunk.  Windows testing failed, but I'm quite confident it's
test environment related (line endings, path separators, etc.) and the core
framework tests passed.

Please test out the binaries and then cast your vote.

This is my +1 (binding).

--
Kevin

Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
Hello.

On Jan 28, 2008, at 15:30, Kevin Menard wrote:

> http://people.apache.org/~kmenard/release/3.0M3/
> Please test out the binaries and then cast your vote.

Thanks for doing the release Kevin!

Here is my testing:
  * used the .tar.gz with our project junit tests. no errors found.
  * cayenne junit tests on derby and psql
  * downloaded the mac dmg and played with the modeler

My vote: +1

On a side note: Some months ago we moved our production system (using
cayenne all over) from MS SQL Server to PostgreSQL for performance and
concurrency reasons. The worst case commit was reduced from 20 minutes
locking the important table for everyone to about 20 seconds with no
locking issues. All on ca the same hardware. This week, we got a new
server and now, the same commit is around 1 second :). It is a Dell
2900 with 10 15Krpm SAS discs. We use 2 for OS++, 2 for psql wal and 6
in a raid 10 for the base. Not that big, but a step up for us.

Regards,
  - Tore.

Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Also need to change download links here:

http://cayenne.apache.org/download.html

Let me know if my help is needed with this or the announcement.

Thanks,
Andrus

Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
That did the trick.  The latest SNAPSHOT has been published.

--
Kevin

Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Result: Passed

Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
Yeah, I'll add my +1 here too. Even though I haven't had the time to
evaluate the upload itself, I've actually been running almost the same
svn version in a production system for over a week now. We have no new
issues caused by this build and everything seems to be working well.
It is getting a decent workover in at least three sites in a ROP
environment.

Happy to do the doc stuff (our site, Freshmeat, PlanetApache, etc).

Cheers
Ari

On 01/02/2008, at 4:18 AM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> Well, that's the +3 binding votes and the 72 hour period has expired.
>
> Since I had goofed up the artifact builds, I'll run the vote for
> longer, and
> publish everything over the weekend, barring any -1 votes.  Ari, if
> you
> would be able to work your magic with the site docs for a Monday
> announcement, that'd be awesome.  Otherwise, I'll stumble through it.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>

> On 1/31/08 6:06 AM, "Andrus Adamchik" <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Andrus
>>

>> On Jan 28, 2008, at 4:30 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've prepared binaries for the 3.0M3 release.  The are available
>>> here:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~kmenard/release/3.0M3/
>>>
>>> In my own testing, everything worked fine with HSQLDB and PostgreSQL
>>> 8.2 on
>>> MacOS X.  Derby testing failed, but Tore discovered why and the
>>> issue will
>>> be addressed in trunk.  Windows testing failed, but I'm quite
>>> confident it's
>>> test environment related (line endings, path separators, etc.) and
>>> the core
>>> framework tests passed.
>>>
>>> Please test out the binaries and then cast your vote.
>>>
>>> This is my +1 (binding).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kevin

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
+1

Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
No worries.  I'm not expecting much activity on the vote until the weekend
anyway.

--
Kevin

Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Odd that that file didn't have read permissions, but fixed.  You should be
able to access it now.

Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Another small glitch: