Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Naga Ramesh <na...@manthan.com> on 2017/08/25 18:37:33 UTC

applicatio shared path is not working on tomcat8 version

Hi Team,

We have set the application shared class path on tomcat7 and it's working
fine.

But same thing we have set the tomcat8 version, it's not working and geting
the below errors please check and let me know the solution please.

OS: windows:

25-Aug-2017 23:58:40.282 WARNING [localhost-startStop-1]
org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.scan Failed to scan
[file://msbpo120/config/workflow/] from classloader hierarchy

java.io.IOException

                at
org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(StandardJarScanner.ja
va:339)

                at
org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.scan(StandardJarScanner.java:
245)

                at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processJarsForWebFragments(Context
Config.java:1887)

                at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1127)

                at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:
779)

                at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:
306)

                at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
t.java:95)

                at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java
:90)

                at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:
5150)

                at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:147)

                at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:7
25)

                at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:701)

                at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:717)

                at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:587)

                at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:
1798)

                at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

                at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:11
42)

                at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:6
17)

                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority
component

                at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:423)

                at
org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(StandardJarScanner.ja
va:318)

                ... 19 more

Regards,

Naga

Re: applicatio shared path is not working on tomcat8 version

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: applicatio shared path is not working on tomcat8 version

Posted by Naga Ramesh <na...@manthan.com>.
Chris,

At present application configured on one of app server and jars located on different server.

So we have shared the jars folder and given the shared path of classpath on tomcat end.

But in tomcat 7 version is working fine but same shared path of jars classpath it's not working on tomcat 8 version and observed the below errors.

So we have enabled changes on context file end and it's working.

Can you please validate and let me know if any proper solution for this.

[...]
                at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(StandardJarScanner.java:318)
                ... 19 more

Regards,
Naga

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Posted by Naga Ramesh <na...@manthan.com>.
Chris, We don’t have the context file on app/WEB-INF path, that’s why we have done on /tomcat/conf/context.xml file.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: applicatio shared path is not working on tomcat8 version

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.