Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Javier Gloria Medina <we...@mortarteam.com> on 2003/01/27 19:43:22 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTP_METHOD_VARS

hello everybody out there:

 i have a trouble with php and apache and the worst of all is that i dunno
where is the root of this problem ok , usually i use this type of variables in
php.

$var_name;
$var_name_two;

when sending info from a form, but since install apahce 2 last stable version
i cant do that anymore. know if i want to print those variables or just use
them in the code i need to use the following think:

$HTTP_GET_VARS["var_name"];
$HTTP_GET_VARS["var_name_two"];

Is there a config for a apache or its php conf??? how i can solve this
think??. plss help

whell thanks for the help and ur time

Javier Gloria
WebMaster

Re: [users@httpd] HTTP_METHOD_VARS

Posted by Jacob Coby <jc...@listingbook.com>.
> when sending info from a form, but since install apahce 2 last stable
version
> i cant do that anymore. know if i want to print those variables or just
use
> them in the code i need to use the following think:
>
> $HTTP_GET_VARS["var_name"];
> $HTTP_GET_VARS["var_name_two"];
>
> Is there a config for a apache or its php conf??? how i can solve this
> think??. plss help

"register_globals on" in your php.ini.  BTW, you can also use
$_GET["var_name"];.  There are security issues with turning register_globals
on, you should read that section of the php manual.

-Jacob

Re: [users@httpd] HTTP_METHOD_VARS

Posted by Javier Gloria Medina <we...@mortarteam.com>.
I all rdy do that brothers but nothing happend. = (

here is the code in php.ini i change: .......

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Data Handling ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;
; Note - track_vars is ALWAYS enabled as of PHP 4.0.3

; The separator used in PHP generated URLs to separate arguments.
; Default is "&".
arg_separator.output = "&amp;"

; List of separator(s) used by PHP to parse input URLs into variables.
; Default is "&".
; NOTE: Every character in this directive is considered as separator!
arg_separator.input = ";&"

; This directive describes the order in which PHP registers GET, POST, Cookie,
; Environment and Built-in variables (G, P, C, E & S respectively, often
; referred to as EGPCS or GPC).  Registration is done from left to right,
newer
; values override older values.
variables_order = "EGPCS"

; Whether or not to register the EGPCS variables as global variables.  You may
; want to turn this off if you don't want to clutter your scripts' global
scope
; with user data.  This makes most sense when coupled with track_vars - in
which
; case you can access all of the GPC variables through the $HTTP_*_VARS[],
; variables.
;
; You should do your best to write your scripts so that they do not require
; register_globals to be on;  Using form variables as globals can easily lead
; to possible security problems, if the code is not very well thought of.
register_globals = On

; This directive tells PHP whether to declare the argv&argc variables (that
; would contain the GET information).  If you don't use these variables, you
; should turn it off for increased performance.
register_argc_argv = On

Posted by Jonathan Laberge <jl...@redboxstudios.com>.
On 1/27/03 1:43 PM, "Javier Gloria Medina" <we...@mortarteam.com> wrote:
It's in your php.ini.

You need to set register_globals to on.

> hello everybody out there:
>
> i have a trouble with php and apache and the worst of all is that i dunno
> where is the root of this problem ok , usually i use this type of variables in
> php.
>
> $var_name;
> $var_name_two;
>
> when sending info from a form, but since install apahce 2 last stable version
> i cant do that anymore. know if i want to print those variables or just use
> them in the code i need to use the following think:
>
> $HTTP_GET_VARS["var_name"];
> $HTTP_GET_VARS["var_name_two"];
>
> Is there a config for a apache or its php conf??? how i can solve this
> think??. plss help
>
> whell thanks for the help and ur time
>

> Javier Gloria
> WebMaster

Art visuel, communication, multimédia et internet

Jonathan Laberge
jlaberge@redboxstudios.com

Les Studios RedBox inc.
9643 boul. LaSalle