Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Ahsan Akhtar <ah...@sidathyder.com.pk> on 2014/07/21 17:58:37 UTC

Flex application Session Timeout

Hi,

I am getting below mentioned error for a process which takes 10 minutes to
complete, when my flex application spends more than 2.5 minutes, it
immediately generates the following error:

Fault source:shmReportUtil

Fault code: Channel.Call.Failed

Fault detail: NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Failed

Fault string: error

Can someone let me know how can I increase session time out to a value of 10
minutes. I am using Flex SDK 4.0 with BlazeDs with Tomcat 7.

I have tried to set requestTimeout="-1" attribute of the RemoteObject but it
didn't work.

I have also tried to set parameter "session-timeout" of web.xml and
'connectionTimeout' parameter Tomcat Server.xml but in vain.

Best Regards

Ahsan

Re: Flex application Session Timeout

Posted by Roms8313 <ro...@gmail.com>.
We ran into the same issue this week, having to send a custom file format as
a ByteArray along with some custom mapped AS3 value objects to Zend AMF
(knowing the file size can range from 100Ko to over 5Mo and request was
systematically shut after 8-9 seconds on a Windows 10 desktop computer).

The solution is in fact to set two properties with the same value on the
channel of your RemoteObject.
Let's say you instantiate it programmatically :

var remote : RemoteObject = new RemoteObject("zendamf");

var channel : AMFChannel = new AMFChannel ( "zendamf-application-endpoint",
"http://domain.com/services/application/public/amf" );
channel.connectTimeout = 150; // seconds
channel.requestTimeout = 150; // seconds

var channelSet : ChannelSet = new ChannelSet();
channelSet.addChannel(channel);

remote.channelSet = channelSet;
remote.source = "AMF_Service";

Hope this helps !

Re: Flex application Session Timeout

Posted by douglowder <dl...@tpocc.org>.
I'm having the same problem with BlazeDS, Tomcat 7, and Flex SDK 4.12.  In
addition, the versions of flash.net.URLRequestDefaults in my SDK don't
include idleTimeout.  Can URLRequestDeafults.idleTimeout be used with Flex
applications?  It appear to be in an AIR library.

Thanks for any info.
Doug

Re: spark list height/disbale scrolling

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
that was easy:)

thanks

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.

Posted by Ahsan Akhtar <ah...@sidathyder.com.pk>.
I have gone thru the article, I understand that this functionality appears
to be for Air library and not relates to Flex.

you could also try URLRequestDefaults.idleTimeout

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net
/URLRequestDefaults.html#idleTimeout

--
Lee Burrows