Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Roger Sindreu <ro...@empaytech.com> on 2015/04/20 19:38:02 UTC

How to cancel a non-continous replication

Hi

We have looked at the documentation and we have seen ways to cancel
continuous replication by removing the documents in the database.

My question is how to cancel a replication if there is no document in the
_replication database?

We are in 1.6.1 and the replication never ends for some reason (which we
would like to solve BTW).

Thanks.

Re: How to cancel a non-continous replication

Posted by Tim Forbes <tf...@greenbullfrog.com>.
I'm a bit confused by your subject (mentions non-continuous) and the
email body (mentions continuous replication).

Here is a method for cancelling continuous replication, using curl as an
example...

curl -X POST http://192.168.1.232:5984/_replicate -H "Content-Type:
application/json" -d '{"cancel":true,
"source":"http://sourceIP:5984/dbName","target":"http://destIP:5984/dbName","continuous":true}'

...where sourceIP and destIP can be an IP number or hostname, provided
that they match exactly what you see in Futon's status page.

Tim

--
Tim Forbes
tf(at)greenbullfrog(dot)com

Re: How to cancel a non-continous replication

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 20 Apr 2015, at 19:38, Roger Sindreu <ro...@empaytech.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> We have looked at the documentation and we have seen ways to cancel
> continuous replication by removing the documents in the database.
>
> My question is how to cancel a replication if there is no document in the
> _replication database?
>
> We are in 1.6.1 and the replication never ends for some reason (which we
> would like to solve BTW).

http://docs.couchdb.org/en/1.6.1/replication/intro.html#triggering-replication

Last sentence.

Best
Jan

Posted by Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr>.
Hi Roger,

> My question is how to cancel a replication if there is no document in the
> _replication database?

You want to cancel a *non-continuous* replication, right?
Have you tried to restart CouchDB?

> We are in 1.6.1 and the replication never ends for some reason

How do you know it started? Can you see the replication process on the status UI?

Regards,

Aurélien