Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mark Gordon <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/11 00:13:02 UTC

two virtual hosts with the same context.

Hello,

I am trying to get two webapps in the same ofbiz-component to have the
same context but for different virtual-hosts.

This is so you can have two webapps that are on the root context but
have different hosts names.

http://appa.com  and http://appb.com

The ofbiz we are using is based on 5.5.23 of tomcat

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Mark

    <webapp name="appA"
        title="App A"
        server="default-server"
        location="webapp/appa"
        mount-point="/">
        <virtual-host host-name="appa.com"/>
    </webapp>

    <webapp name="appB"
        title="App B"
        server="default-server"
        location="webapp/appb"
        mount-point="/">
        <virtual-host host-name="appb.com"/>
        <virtual-host host-name="www.appb.com"/>
    </webapp>

like in tomcat you would do this I believe:

      <Host name="appa.com" appBase="webapps">
	<Context path="" docBase="appa"/>
        <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"/>
      </Host>

      <Host name="appb.com" appBase="webapps">
	<Context path="" docBase="appb"/>

Re: two virtual hosts with the same context.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Mark,

Following Raj's suggestion, have a look at
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo#FAQ-Tips-Tricks-Cookbook-HowTo-Howtousemodproxyajp

Jacques

From: "Raj Saini" <ra...@gmail.com>

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
The trick is to use Apache httpd server as a front end.
with the JK connector.

The ecommerce use the website entity. so when you set the website name
used in the website entity in the  web.xml you can have any URL access
them.https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/content/control/EditWebSite?webSiteId=WebStore
and
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/content/control/EditWebSite?webSiteId=WebStoreClone

Mark Gordon sent the following on 9/10/2008 4:43 PM:

Posted by Mark Gordon <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.