Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by 하정대 <ju...@ahnlab.com> on 2013/03/28 02:19:00 UTC

Setup solrcloud on tomcat

Hi, all

I tried setup solrcloud on tomcat. But I couldn’t see the cloud bar on solr menu. I think embedded zookeeper might not be loaded.
This is my solr.xml file that was supposed to run zookeeper.

<solr persistent=”true”>
           <cores adminPath=”/admin/cores” defaultCoreName=”collection1” host=”${host:}” hostPort=”8080” hostContext=”${hostContext:}” numShards=”2” zkRun=http://localhost:9081 zkClientTimeout=”${zkClientTimeout:15000}” >
                      <core name=”collection1” instanceDir=”collection1” />
           </cores>
</solr>

What shall I have? I need your help.
Also, Example file or tutorial could be a good help for me.
I am working this with solrcloud wiki.

Thanks. All.

“세상에서 가장 안전한 이름 - 안철수연구소”
하정대,  선임연구원 / ASD실
Tel: 031-722-8338
e-mail: jungdae.ha@ahnlab.com  http://www.ahnlab.com<http://www.ahnlab.com/>
(우)463-400 경기도 성남시 분당구 삼평동 673번지

Re: Setup solrcloud on tomcat

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
First of all, can you check your catalina.out log. It gives the detail
about what is wrong. Secondly you can separate such kind of JVM parameters
from that solr.xml and put them into a file setenv.sh (you will create it
under bin folder of tomcat.) and here is what you should do:

#!/bin/sh
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS
-Dbootstrap_confdir=/usr/share/solrhome/collection1/conf
-Dcollection.configName=custom_conf -DnumShards=2 -DzkRun"
export JAVA_OPTS

You should change here -> /usr/share/solrhome
into where is your solr home.

That should start up an embedded zookeper.

On the other hand client that will connect to embedded zookeper should have
that setenv.sh:

#!/bin/sh
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -DzkHost=**.**.***.**:2181"
export JAVA_OPTS

I have masked ip address, you should put your's.