Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "DAVIS, SCOTT A. (AIT)" <SC...@msg.ameritech.com> on 2000/08/25 18:11:55 UTC

Tomcat 3.1 and PWS problems

I have to get Tomcat 3.1 working with IIS so that we can use it on an NT
production server.  IIS is the standard at the client and I don't have any
other choice but to use it as the Web server for the project.  I've had the
project working fine using an Apache server on NT, but now I have to change
everything so that it run on IIS.  I only have PWS on an NT workstation to
work with for now.

I've been following the tomcat-iis-howto document and have had absolutely no
luck with it.  I've followed all the steps but PWS will not recognize
http://localhost/examples/ as anything but a "404 Not Found" error.
Apparently PWS uses port 80.  I tried adding the following lines to
server.xml:
 <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
	<Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
	<Parameter name="port" value="80"/>
</Connector>
Neither Tomcat nor PWS will start up with this change, though.  Tomcat gives
the following error at startup:
FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultServerS
ocketFactory.java:97)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(SimpleTcpEndpoint.
java:186)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector.start(SimpleTcpConnector.java:1
42)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java:253)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:157)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:163)
I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me.  I'm at a loss as to why this
isn't working.
Scott Davis
BORN
scott.davis@born.com