Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Gyula Fóra <gy...@apache.org> on 2022/03/29 09:10:37 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Flink Kubernetes Operator Release 0.1.0, release candidate #2

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version 0.1.0 of
Apache Flink Kubernetes Operator,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

**Release Overview**

As an overview, the release consists of the following:
a) Kubernetes Operator canonical source distribution (including the
Dockerfile), to be deployed to the release repository at dist.apache.org
b) Kubernetes Operator Helm Chart to be deployed to the release repository
at dist.apache.org
c) Maven artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository
d) Docker image to be pushed to dockerhub

**Staging Areas to Review**

The staging areas containing the above mentioned artifacts are as follows,
for your review:
* All artifacts for a,b) can be found in the corresponding dev repository
at dist.apache.org [1]
* All artifacts for c) can be found at the Apache Nexus Repository [2]
* The docker image is staged on github [7]

All artifacts are signed with the
key 911F218F79ACEA8EB453799EEE325DDEBFED467D [3]

Other links for your review:
* JIRA release notes [4]
* source code tag "release-0.1.0-rc2" [5]
* PR to update the website Downloads page to include Kubernetes Operator
links [6]

**Vote Duration**

The voting time will run for at least 72 hours.
It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

**Note for Functional Verification**

You can use the dev repository as a helm repo to test the operator
directly:

helm repo add operator-rc2
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-0.1.0-rc2
helm install flink-operator operator-rc2/flink-operator

Thanks,
Gyula

[1]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-0.1.0-rc2/
[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1491/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12351499
[5]
https://github.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/tree/release-0.1.0-rc2
[6] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/519
[7] ghcr.io/apache/flink-operator:260df17

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink Kubernetes Operator Release 0.1.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Biao Geng <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Marton,
I vote for consistency and `flink-kubernetes-operator` as well.
`flink-operator` have been used widely in docker hub and other k8s operator
implementations, which may confuse users.

Best,
Biao

Gyula Fóra <gy...@apache.org> 于2022年3月30日周三 16:26写道:

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@apache.org>.