Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Supun Nakandala <su...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/12 04:17:13 UTC

Introducing gatewayId to SecurityToken in Airavata API

Hi devs,

Currently in the Airavata API we use the gatewayId only for some API
methods like createExperiment, registerApplication etc.. I would like to
suggest that we move this field to SecurityToken and make it mandatory for
all API methods. For API methods which requires the gatewayId we can read
it from there.

By making gatewayId a mandatory field in SecurityToken, in the API it is
easy to implement access control to the API in a multi tenanted scenario.

Any Concerns?

Thanks
Supun

Re: Introducing gatewayId to SecurityToken in Airavata API

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
Does that mean particular gateway can get experiment information of another
gateway?
If so, For a multi-tenant situation this needs to change.

Thanks
-Thejaka

Posted by Supun Nakandala <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Supun Nakandala <su...@gmail.com>.
No. For the moment there is no change.

Posted by Pankaj Saha <ps...@binghamton.edu>.
Hi Supun,

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Supun,

As I said in hip chat, this is a good and needed change to properly enforce authorization at API level.  Thanks for fixing this up. Lets go for it.

Suresh