Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Stuart, Ashwin" <as...@nds.com> on 2005/10/19 07:48:53 UTC

lang time no see [lang]

Hi commonsfolk!

I feel like Rip van Winkle. I participated in the commons (lang) a wee
bit a couple of years ago. After a while, my vicissitudes did not make
it easy to go on, and the huge, HUGE volume of mails in this group and
limited resources my side meant that it was hard even to stay passively
subscribed to this group.

Currently the circumstances are different and I hope it stays this way
so I can contribute.

Ok, coming to the point:

I want to know what outstanding development has been considered
recently, in which I can possibly contribute. Specifically, let me touch
upon the following:

1. Standard IDE configuration (Eclipse)

Since the coding conventions to be used in commons, or at least in lang,
are fairly standard, I wish to know if there is an eclipse preferences
file (epf) available for all contributors to use while doing their
coding for these projects. I am assuming that Eclipse is the
recommended, if not the only, IDE used by folks here.

>From among the tasks noted in the tasks page, I am not sure how many are
still todo.

2. Example code.

I can possibly code up example snippets wherever needed.

3. Further documentation.

I can possibly add documentation or improve it for existing
classes/methods in the lang package.

Would like to hear from the long-timers.

Best wishes, especially to Stephen.
Ashwin

Information contained in this email message is confidential and may be privileged, and is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and destroy the original message.