Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2016/07/12 19:03:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] EOM for 0.94?

Hi folks!

Are we still hoping to get a 0.94 release out the door? Is it to be
the last 0.94 release?

IIRC, there were a handful of LICENSE/NOTICE fixes that had to get
finished up. I believe that task has been assigned to me. I'm still up
for getting the work done, but before I do I wanted to make sure it's
still useful given the long gap since our last 0.94 release.

-busbey

Re: [DISCUSS] EOM for 0.94?

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.
+1 for making it officially dead. Should need come, we can do a zombie
release.

Enis

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 2:03 PM, <la...@apache.org> wrote:

> There has been no demand and very few fixes for 0.94.Unless this is very
> little work (as in a few hours) it's not worth it, IMHO.
> Happy to declare it officially (of course it's open source, so anybody
> could spin a new release) dead.
> -- Lars

Re: [DISCUSS] EOM for 0.94?

Posted by la...@apache.org.

Re: [DISCUSS] EOM for 0.94?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I think the way we left this discussion before is someone is welcome to
come along and RM 0.94 if they like (and want to push forward the work you
mention) but otherwise we are just going to leave it be, as opposed to
officially declaring it EOM/EOL.

I have no strong opinion either way FWIW. At some point barring a new 0.94
release we should declare the unofficial situation offical.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)