Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by kf <ye...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/04 18:27:49 UTC

Preferred method to extend level?

Please excuse the newbie nature of this question, but
I am a newbie to Log4J.

I would like to define additional logging levels (and
yes I have a VERY good reason why) and I find
conflicting information about the way to do it.

The short manual in the download says to subclass
level, but the short manual online says there is a
better way to extend level but I can't seem to find it
there. What is the better way?

Any examples/pointers/info would be greatly
appreciated.

-kevin