Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by wa...@accenture.com on 2005/04/27 21:15:15 UTC

Starting Version 5.5.7

I just installed Tomcat version 5.5.7 on my Win XP computer and have noticed there is no startup.* shutdown.* files I am used to using to boot Tomcat nor anything in the start menu. What happened to these files and what do I use to start Tomcat now?

Dave

Re: Starting Version 5.5.7

Posted by Anoop kumar V <an...@gmail.com>.
tomcat, since 5.0 I think has stopped using the bat files and in your case I
think it has been installed as a service already.

If not you can still use the tomcat5.exe or tomcat5w.exe in the
{tomcat_home}/bin folder.

Make sure you have JDK 1.5+ on your system.

HTH,
Anoop

On 4/27/05, walter.d.vollberg@accenture.com <wa...@accenture.com>
wrote:

> I just installed Tomcat version 5.5.7 on my Win XP computer and have
> noticed there is no startup.* shutdown.* files I am used to using to boot
> Tomcat nor anything in the start menu. What happened to these files and what
> do I use to start Tomcat now?
>
> Dave

> original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

Thanks and best regards,
Anoop

Re: Starting Version 5.5.7

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.
<wa...@accenture.com> wrote:
> I just installed Tomcat version 5.5.7 on my Win XP computer and have noticed there is no startup.* shutdown.* files I am used to using to boot Tomcat nor anything in the start menu. What happened to these files and what do I use to start Tomcat now?

the Windows Installet no longer provides the manual startup/shutdown
scripts for some reason and instead installs it as a Windows Service
if you want the scripts back you need to download the Zip.

Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org
Personal Site - http://jasonbainbridge.com