Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Nuno Rodrigues <co...@netcabo.pt> on 2007/04/16 13:50:16 UTC

JPetstore and Linux problem

Hello all,

After installing JPetstore 5 on Windows with tomcat 5.5.20 + Mysql 5 I tried
to install it under Linux but the things didn't run very well.

After filling the database and deploying the application I had two errors
when clicking the viewCategory page. Both errors happened due to the case
sensitive problem of linux. The Product and Category tables weren't being
seen by the application.

After changing the sql/Product.xml and sql/Cateogry.xml those kind of errors
disappeared but now I'm having a new error which I'm not being able to
solve.

Here it is:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Define tag cannot set a null value

        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.DefineTag.doEndTag(DefineTag.java:236)

        at
org.apache.jsp.catalog.Category_jsp._jspService(Category_jsp.java:292)

        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
34)

        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)

        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

        at
FilterChain.java:252)

        at
ain.java:173)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
java:672)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDis
patcher.java:463)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
er.java:398)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
.java:301)

        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:10
63)

        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProces
sor.java:386)

        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:229)

        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1194)

        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)

        at
FilterChain.java:252)

        at
ain.java:173)

        at
va:213)

        at
va:178)

        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:432)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126
)

Do you have any idea of what the problem can be?

Cheers,

Nuno