Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Carlos <ca...@cvc.edu> on 2001/12/06 03:36:44 UTC

Newbie question

I've got jetspeed from CVS working on my box and now I'm trying to customize
it. I've followed the steps listed below:

I've changed the jetspeed/WEB-INF/conf/JetspeedResources.properties to point
to the new resources
I've created the resources
I've restarted Tomcat

Is there anything else that I need to do?

Thanks
Carlos
--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

Paradoxically, a refusal to 'put a monetary value on life' means that
life is often undervalued.
-- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach

Re: Newbie question

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
See http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/config_guide.html

Paul Spencer

can't build (newbie)

Posted by Bruce Altner <ba...@hq.nasa.gov>.
Greetings:

We're building a turbine-based portal app so when I saw that Jetspeed can
leverage Turbine/Velocity I was pretty eager to give it a try. However, I
cannot build the war file using the instructions in the INSTALL document. I
get these errors:

'/build.sh: syntax error near unexpected token `do
'/build.sh: ./build.sh: line 56: `do

Unable to do this, I downloaded the war file explicitly and put it in the
tomcat 3.2 webapps directory. However, when I tried to restart tomcat it
failed, giving me this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
         at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(Turbine.java:155)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(LoadOnStartupInterceptor.java:130)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.initContext(ContextManager.java:491)
         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java:453)
         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:195)
         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Bruce

"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!" ---Calvin

Phone: 202-651-8553
Pager Email:8273479@skytel.com