Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> on 2008/01/09 10:02:50 UTC

how to skip snapshot verification in release plugin ?

Hello,

My POM is configured with a snapshot version of the eclipse plugin (as some
fix are required in my env).
I'd like to release my project. This plugin is NOT required to be stable to
make the build reproductible.

Running mvn release:prepare force me to use a non-snapshot version of the
plugin. Using a timestamp (2.5-20071130.030954-17) has the same effect.

Can I tell the release plugin to ignore this one during release checks ?

Nico.

Re: how to skip snapshot verification in release plugin ?

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 9, 2008 10:02 AM, nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> Can I tell the release plugin to ignore this one during release checks ?

I do not know, whether you can. But the recommended way is to take the
current snapshot, define your own version number (for example
20080109) deploy it to your own repository and change your POM to that
version number. Note, that your released version requires the
snapshots artifact and that way you are guaranteed to have that
artifact and not a later snapshot.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)