Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl> on 2007/01/26 11:25:29 UTC

Status of javaflow block in 2.2

Hi all,

Can someone tell me what the status is of the javaflow block in Cocoon
2.2? I'm trying to use it, but I'm getting an exception (I tried to run
the sample):

Caused by: org.apache.commons.javaflow.bytecode.EmptyStackException: pop
reference
	at
org.apache.commons.javaflow.bytecode.Stack.popReference(Stack.java:163)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.samples.flow.java.CalculatorFlow.getNumber(CalculatorF
low.java)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.samples.flow.java.CalculatorFlow.calculator(Calculator
Flow.java:27)
	... 94 more

Does this sample work for others, or is the current implementation
simply broken?

Thanks,
Bart.

Re: Status of javaflow block in 2.2

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
On 31.01.2007, at 03:20, Simone Gianni wrote:

> Hi Bart,
> I haven't been much active recently, but me and Maurizio worked a
> lot to
> have Javaflow working in 2.2 last summer. The 2.2 javaflow block is
> based on the new common javaflow made by Torsten Curdt
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/javaflow/ ). This uses
> JCI to
> load classes and instrument them at runtime, while there is an ant
> task
> to instrument them at build time. The problem, back in september, was
> that Torsten didn't have time to release a new version of JCI, so the
> patch applied to have javaflow working was commented out waiting for a
> new release with JCI patches.
>
> I still have a rather old version of 2.2 with all patches applied, a
> patched version of JCI, and javaflow, with real time reloading and
> re-instrumenting of classes, mostly working on it.
>
> Torsten, any news? :D

Was on vacation but working on the jci release right now. A few changes
are coming up. Some to the API (mostly renaming and nitpicking), some
code
restructuring and testcase organization etc. But I want to call a RC
in 1-2
weeks from now.

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: Status of javaflow block in 2.2

Posted by Simone Gianni <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Bart,
I haven't been much active recently, but me and Maurizio worked a lot to
have Javaflow working in 2.2 last summer. The 2.2 javaflow block is
based on the new common javaflow made by Torsten Curdt
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/javaflow/ ). This uses JCI to
load classes and instrument them at runtime, while there is an ant task
to instrument them at build time. The problem, back in september, was
that Torsten didn't have time to release a new version of JCI, so the
patch applied to have javaflow working was commented out waiting for a
new release with JCI patches.

I still have a rather old version of 2.2 with all patches applied, a
patched version of JCI, and javaflow, with real time reloading and
re-instrumenting of classes, mostly working on it.

Torsten, any news? :D

Simone