Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Mua Rachmann <mu...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/11 13:15:29 UTC

Importing Fineract 1.x in IntelliJ

Hello everyone,

On my journey of getting started with Apache Fineract 1.x i had some
issues. I am new to all these but i found it challenging i could get myself
a walk-around all by myself and with some little reserach.

For general reasons i have been using IntelliJ for my java projects and it
was but normal for such a project i use IntelliJ for development since i
have a student licence for that.

I found out importing Fineract was a problem for me(don't know if this is
general) as it modified the gradle's wrapper  using the latest gradle i had
'5.2.1'.  on my quest to solve this problem I wish intelliJ detects my
gradle that comes when cloning the repo.

I did a dirty solution not sure if this is the best way to do this but it
worked for me. I copied the gradle directory from the firact-providers dir
to the finract project and this worked.

I think this can help others trying to import the project and running from
the inbuilt terminal.

Disadvantages - increase in size of the project since there are two gradle
files.

Let me all know your thought and how i could possibly document this. Since
i see an import for Fineract CN on confluence here -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Importing+Fineract+CN+Microservices+Into+IntelliJ
but not on Fineract 1.x

Look forward to hearing from you all thanks.

Regards Mua

Re: Importing Fineract 1.x in IntelliJ

Posted by Kang Breder <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mua.

Please how did you get your student licence. I will like to get mine but i
have tried to no avail

Posted by Mua Rachmann <mu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mua Rachmann <mu...@gmail.com>.
Hello Kang Brender,

 please fill this form to get a student licence -
https://www.jetbrains.com/shop/eform/students

 It should take 2-3 business days to get it reviewed.

Regards.

Posted by Mua Rachmann <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mua Rachmann <mu...@gmail.com>.