Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2011/09/14 12:05:44 UTC

Mailing list for the Tomcat Maven Plugin

Hello Folks,
I wonder if we have to create separates mailing lists or using the
default tomcat mls ? (some users ping me directly to have separates)
Let me know what is your opinion on that ?

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/9/25 Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>:
> 2011/9/14 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
>> Hello Folks,
>> I wonder if we have to create separates mailing lists or using the
>> default tomcat mls ? (some users ping me directly to have separates)
>> Let me know what is your opinion on that ?
>
> There is a precedent: the Taglibs subproject has separate taglibs-user list,
> but uses the same dev@ and announce@.
>

> I tried to look at the old mailing lists, as listed on
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/mail-lists.html
>
> but those are covering all mojo, not only tomcat-maven-plugin.
> I did not understand most of topics discussed there, likely because of that.
>
> I think though that questions specific to your tomcat-maven plugin
> will be more understandable, and thus can be discussed on
> users@tomcat. That is, like questions about Ant support in Tomcat or
> the Manager webapp, that are already discussed on users@.
>
> My opinion is that users@tomcat probably will be fine with those
> questions, with no need for a separate mailing list.
>
> Olivier, are you OK with following users@tomcat for such questions, or
> there are too many other topics there that will distract your
> attention, and a separate mailing list will be more comfortable for
> you?
Not a problem for me as I already follow this ml.
I just didn't want to add too much additional traffic (btw it will be
certainly a small traffic: so IMHO not an issue).

> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com