Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Thorsten Bux <Th...@gmx.de> on 2008/08/20 14:28:56 UTC

How to cast a ShapeGroup-Object into a Table-Object (PPT)

Hi,

I have a table in a PPT-File.
When I iterate over the Shape-Objects I get this table as ShapeGroup Object.

But I need it as Table-Object to get access to the getCell()-Method for example.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Thorsten

Re: How to cast a ShapeGroup-Object into a Table-Object (PPT)

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Recently I changed ShapeFactory so that it returns Table instances instead of ShapeGroup.
The "shape instanceof Table" approach should work, however some of the table properties are read-only.
The number of shapes is immutable, it means you can't change the number of borders, add/remove/merge rows and cells, etc.

Yegor

Posted by Acombe <a....@laposte.net>.
Hi,