Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2003/05/25 14:06:06 UTC

[Cactus] Still some problems with web site publication

Hi Sam,

There are still gotchas with the cactus web site publication after the
Gump build.

On /www/jakarta.apache.org, there are 3 files/directories related to
cactus:

cactus0/
cactus/
jakarta-cactus-doc-20030518/

- I think jakarta-cactus-doc-20030518/ should be removed (but I can't do
it as I don't have the permissions)
- I think cactus0/ is the original site before you made the try. This I
will remove after you copy the 1.4.1 and clover-* directories (see
below).
- cactus/ is probably from your last gump publication and is the cactus
web site.

There is a potential bug in the publication algorithm. It must
*override* the existing web site and not be a "clean" publication. This
is because there are some files that are not republished every time.
More specifically:

- cactus0/1.4.1 should also be in cactus/1.4.1 (however, I don't have
the rights to do the copy). Can you do that?
- cactus0/clover-12 and cactus0/clover-13 should also be in cactus/

The permissions should allow anyone from the group to have write access.

Can you either perform the change or change the permissions so that I
can do it?

Also, it seems the publication is not working fine as nothing has been
published since the 18th. For example the build was fine on the 25th but
nothing was published... Can you help?

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: [Cactus] Still some problems with web site publication

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Hehe... you're right of course :-)

> Yes, I meant relative to /www/jakarta.apache.org/cactus.
>
> > There is something strange. It seems the cactus0/1.4.1 contents has
been
> > removed. Not sure it this was done prior to the publication or
after,
> > but the copied 1.4.1/ directory does not contain the correct files.
I'll
> > need to rebuild the web site for 1.4.1 and upload it tonight.
>
> Odd... I see both sets of files.

Oh really. I've checked using ssh and [...]/cactus/1.4.1/ is definitely
missing 99% of the files that should be there.

> > Also, http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/clover-12/index.html (or
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/clover-13/index.html) result in
404.

> Should there be an index.html?  There doesn't seem to be one...

Same story as for cactus/1.4.1, most files are missing. Ok, anyway, I'm
going to reload the websites and we'll see tomorrow if they get wiped or
not.

Thanks for your help,
-Vincent

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

[snip]

> > - cactus/ is probably from your last gump publication and is the
cactus
> > web site.
> >
> > There is a potential bug in the publication algorithm. It must
> > *override* the existing web site and not be a "clean" publication.
This
> > is because there are some files that are not republished every time.
>
> I'm a bit skeptical about this.  Things once part of the publishing
step
> will never be cleaned up.
>
> > More specifically:
> >
> > - cactus0/1.4.1 should also be in cactus/1.4.1 (however, I don't
have
> > the rights to do the copy). Can you do that?
> > - cactus0/clover-12 and cactus0/clover-13 should also be in cactus/
>
> For now, I've made any file in the root directory that starts with
> either "[0-9].[0-9]" or "clover-" excluded from the rsync.  Does this
> address this requirements.

Ok, I didn't know you were using rsync. Yes, it addresses my reqs
although 1.4.1 does not match "[0-9].[0-9]", right? When you say "root
directory" you mean /www/jakarta.apache.org/cactus, right?

> > The permissions should allow anyone from the group to have write
access.

> > Can you either perform the change or change the permissions so that
> > can do it?
>
> Fixed.
>
> > Also, it seems the publication is not working fine as nothing has
been
> > published since the 18th. For example the build was fine on the 25th
but
> > nothing was published... Can you help?
>
> OK, I think I fixed this (note to self: directories in rsync need to
be
> terminated with a final '/').  Will watch tomorrow to see if this
> addresses the problem.

Cool. Thanks

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> There are still gotchas with the cactus web site publication after the
> Gump build.
>
> On /www/jakarta.apache.org, there are 3 files/directories related to
> cactus:
>
> cactus0/
> cactus/
> jakarta-cactus-doc-20030518/
>
> - I think jakarta-cactus-doc-20030518/ should be removed (but I can't do
> it as I don't have the permissions)

Done.

> - I think cactus0/ is the original site before you made the try. This I
> will remove after you copy the 1.4.1 and clover-* directories (see
> below).

Yes, this is the original copy.

> - cactus/ is probably from your last gump publication and is the cactus
> web site.
>
> There is a potential bug in the publication algorithm. It must
> *override* the existing web site and not be a "clean" publication. This
> is because there are some files that are not republished every time.

I'm a bit skeptical about this.  Things once part of the publishing step
will never be cleaned up.

> More specifically:
>
> - cactus0/1.4.1 should also be in cactus/1.4.1 (however, I don't have
> the rights to do the copy). Can you do that?
> - cactus0/clover-12 and cactus0/clover-13 should also be in cactus/

For now, I've made any file in the root directory that starts with
either "[0-9].[0-9]" or "clover-" excluded from the rsync.  Does this
address this requirements.

> The permissions should allow anyone from the group to have write access.
>
> Can you either perform the change or change the permissions so that I
> can do it?

Fixed.

> Also, it seems the publication is not working fine as nothing has been
> published since the 18th. For example the build was fine on the 25th but
> nothing was published... Can you help?

OK, I think I fixed this (note to self: directories in rsync need to be
terminated with a final '/').  Will watch tomorrow to see if this
addresses the problem.

> Thanks
> -Vincent

- Sam Ruby