Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Shirish <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/01 17:01:01 UTC

Reg: Scheduler Configurations

Hello Friends,

I am working on Scheduler configurations and stuck with some issues... I
need to execute some set of thread groups with one user for a particular
time like 12 hrs.
What values should I need to set for below fields to get Thread Groups
executed starting at 1 p.m. and stopping at 10 p.m. exactly Start Up delay
with 10secs.

Start Time:

End Time:

Duration:

Delay:

And do I need to check the check box Forever?

Please suggest as the way I am setting is not working as required.
Thanks,
Shirish G.

Re: Reg: Scheduler Configurations

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
specify start time and duration (or if you specify end time then keep
duration empty). Keep Delay empty(you can either have delay or start time).

>And do I need to check the check box Forever?
The above only specifies the maximum interval. if your test actually
finishes before the time , then jmeter will stop (or other cases like you
configure a csv data set config to stop the thread). So yes , usually you
will have the checkbox for forever (or  specify a large enough number of
iterations so that your test does take > 9 or 12 hours)

regards
deepak

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.
If I get your case right, then:
1. You need to use sheduled start of JMeter test. Use cron/at at Linux or
Scheduled Tasks at Windows.
2. You need some delay (10 sec) before actual test actions start. Configure
Stepping Thread Group to 10 sec initial delay
3. You need fixed test duration. Configure Stepping Thread Group to hold
load for desired period.
4. Configure "start ... threads" options in Stepping Thread Group for
suitable ramp-up. Preview graph will help you understand what's happening.

-----
--
Andrey Pohilko
JP@GC Maintainer

Re: Reg: Scheduler Configurations

Posted by Shirish <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrey,

I have not used this Stepping Thread Group, how it can help me in my
situation... please respond...

Thanks you in advance.
Shirish G.