Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Olivier Moratin <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/13 14:07:28 UTC

Issue with EL disabled

Hello,

I am getting crazy on what could be a simple thing.

While the Tomcat webapp examples (accessible from the manager) run EL (${variable}) properly, my own app doesn't.

I just installed Tomcat and stuff and thought it was enabled by default.

Tomcat 5 on Windows with latest version of J2EE/J2SE.

Please help. I am getting irritated :))

Thanks a lot

Re: Issue with EL disabled

Posted by "Manolo Ramirez T." <ma...@handsoftware.net>.
Hi,

Make sure that your web.xml is according to the Servlet 2.4
Specification. Tomcat disables EL evaluation for old apps.

Regards,

Manolo Ramirez T.

RE: Issue with EL disabled

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
Make sure you have a Servlet 2.4 configuration for your web.xml.  EL is
turned off by default with 2.3 web.xml's.

Here's some additional info:

http://www.raibledesigns.com/page/rd?anchor=howto_upgrade_your_app_to

HTH,

Matt