Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hut Carspecken <hu...@sbcglobal.net> on 2003/06/11 18:03:09 UTC

DNS Issues

Hello Once Again,

I am still having problems with outgoing mail.  I am able to send outgoing mail to one remote address (a yahoo.com address), but I am unable to send messages to any other addresses.  The messages simply disappear.

I am using my ISP's two DNS servers as suggested by some very helpful people and I am using my gateway in the "servernames" XML tag.

Here is what I have:

<servernames autodetect="true" autodetectIP="true">

<servername>ISP gateway IP address</servername>

</servernames>

In addition, I have the following Postmaster address:

<postmaster>Postmaster@"ISP gateway IP address"</postmaster>

Does anyone have an idea what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Hut