Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tomas Zeman <to...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/08 17:19:24 UTC

Re: mod_perl 1.25 , perl 5.6.x , Redhat7.1

Hi, I already tried to find solution in archive and on
google.com, but I wasn't succesfull.

Compiler in redhat 7.1 should be OK, because module
compiles ok, but error is in perl 5.6.x 9I think),
because on the same platform, it worked with perl 5.5
!

Tomas

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi Tomas,

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Tomas Zeman wrote:

> Compiler in redhat 7.1 should be OK, because module
> compiles ok,

I don't follow your logic there.

> but error is in perl 5.6.x 9I think),
> because on the same platform, it worked with perl 5.5

Quite possible, all the same.  I still use 5.005_03 in my live
servers.  I recommend you do the same if it works for you.  There is
no Perl release called 5.5.  I have had no problems with 5.7.0 in
development, you might like to try it if you're adventurous...

73,
Ged.