Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Reeves, Michael D Civ 517 SMXS/MXDEC" <Mi...@cisf.af.mil> on 2008/01/09 16:20:02 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with ./configure Apache 2.2.6

Hi, I'm having a problem installing a new webserver.  I'm doing the
exact same procedure that I've used in the past (v 2.0.55, 2.0.59, and
2.2.4), but it no longer seems to be working.

I'm doing a custom layout. I've edited the config.layout file to match
what I'd done in the past, copying the format used in that file.

I'm using
prefix: /usr/local/apache2
exec_prefix: ${prefix}
bindir: ${exec_prefix}/bin

I run the configure script:
./configure --enable-layout=myLayout .......

I get the following error msg:
configure: error: expected an absolute directory name for --bindir:
NONE:/bin
configure failed for srclib/apr

What gives?  Is this a bug?  This worked perfectly for 2.2.4.  If this
functionality has been removed then all the stuff in config.layout will
fail.

Michael Reeves
USAF
Peterson AFB
719.556.4562
michael.reeves2@peterson.af.mil

The Project Uncertainty Principle: "If you understand a project, you
can't know it's cost.  If you know the cost, you don't understand the
project."  ~~ Dilbert  :-)

[users@httpd] RE: Problem with ./configure Apache 2.2.6

Posted by "Reeves, Michael D Civ 517 SMXS/MXDEC" <Mi...@cisf.af.mil>.
I did a little bit more playing around with this.  If I put the full
path in the bindir variable in the config.layout file (bindir:
/usr/local/apache2/bin), I still get the exact same error message.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks greatly for any help on this
Mike