Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bo Xu <bo...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/26 22:52:06 UTC

Can Maven automatically build depended projects ?

I have a project A and another Project B. Project A depends on Project B and that has been declared in pom file.
What I found is that everytime I change source code of Project B , I have to manually build project B to let project A knows the change.
Is there a way of letting it happen automatically like Ant does? Thank you!

Re: Can Maven automatically build depended projects ?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-reactor-plugin/

On 26-Feb-09, at 1:52 PM, Bo Xu wrote:

> I have a project A and another Project B. Project A depends on
> Project B and that has been declared in pom file.
> What I found is that everytime I change source code of Project B , I
> have to manually build project B to let project A knows the change.
> Is there a way of letting it happen automatically like Ant does?
> Thank you!

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

A language that doesn’t affect the way you think about programming is
not worth knowing.

-— Alan Perlis

Re: Can Maven automatically build depended projects ?

Posted by Ketan Khairnar <ke...@gmail.com>.
In that case Project A depends on artifact generated by project B right?
so you just need to do mvn install on project B so that dependency is
propogated