Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jeanne Rash <je...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/22 01:16:25 UTC

T5.1.0.5 Quickstart auto-reload

Can any one help me with the auto-reloading of classes?   I have
created a maven project in Eclipse 3.4 with the groupID:
org.apache.tapestry and artifact ID quickstart

The quickstart app runs fine with mavin-compiler-plugin 2.0.2 and
maven-jetty-plugin 6.1.9 plugin but I cannot seem to get the automatic
re-loading of class changes working.   My understanding is that I
jetty will pickup class changes automatically without requiring a
restart?  Am I missing a configuration step? Do I have incompatible
versions?

Thanks!
Jeanne

Re: T5.1.0.5 Quickstart auto-reload

Posted by Jeanne Rash <je...@gmail.com>.
That did the trick!  What a great feature :)

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> The /src/main/resources where indeed excluded from copy to the classes
> folder.  Thanks for that tip.

:)

Posted by Jeanne Rash <je...@gmail.com>.
The /src/main/resources where indeed excluded from copy to the classes
folder.  Thanks for that tip.  I fixed that, but I am still having
problems.  The code changes I am trying to auto-reload are being made
to pages in src/main/java.

I am wondering if this is an issue with Eclipse or maven.  It does not
re-compile on save, it seems to only re-compile when I start jetty
using the Run Configurations... > Mavin Build > Goals: jetty:run

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.