Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Miro Kropacek <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/03 10:59:36 UTC

1.4.2 vs 1.4.6 compatibility issue

Hi everybody,

until now I was happy svn user/admin but today I went into strange problem.
I had to migrate svn repositories from the system running Ubuntu 8.04 (svn
1.4.6 there) into another system running debian etch (svn 1.4.2). Everything
went fine except the commiting -- I can't commit into existing directories
(repositories) anymore. Log from apache:

could not open dbm files.  [500, #120022]
Can't open activity db: APR does not understand this error code  [500,
#120022]

Yes, I know, permissions. Double checked (even 0777-ed) whole svn root, no
change. But when I create new repository, commits are allowed. New
repository has standard permissions, the same user/group (www-data)... My
question is -- was there any change between these versions which could lead
to something like this? I can try to find newer svn for the debian but I
want to be sure it wont be wasted time ...

Thanks for any help,
Miro Kropacek

Re: 1.4.2 vs 1.4.6 compatibility issue

Posted by Miro Kropacek <mi...@gmail.com>.
OK, I'll reply to myself :)

the same user/group (www-data)... My question is -- was there any change
> between these versions which could lead to something like this? I can try to
> find newer svn for the debian but I want to be sure it wont be wasted time

http://www.kozz.org/?postid=22

I hope this will help someone else as well.