Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@apache.org> on 2022/10/29 08:25:01 UTC

[PROPOSAL] postpone 4.18 to the new year

Users and devs,

I announced to start the releasing by end of October [1] but I think we
have a lot of promising PRs that would really make this release worthwhile.
At the same time the noteworthy features that are in now are limited:

What is in:

- custom tarifs

- Prometeus exporter enhancements

- volume encryption

- console access enhancements

- custom DNS for guest networks

pending:

- ant-design upgrade #6369

- EMC networker B&R #6550

- clone virtual machine #5216

- keyboard shortcuts #5122

- vm deploy retry #6062

- tungsten fabric #4205

- intuitive global setting #5797

I want to therefore postpone the release till January, or at leaset till
after CCC. I think a release
will have much more value if we wait until some more of these are in.

regards,

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/vnkd4gv43l94dsn3sn8g57mg236nostc

RE: [PROPOSAL] postpone 4.18 to the new year

Posted by Alex Mattioli <Al...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 on that Daan, definitely worth waiting a bit longer.

+1 Daan, your proposal to postpone to early next year makes sense.

Regards.

________________________________
Thanks Daan, I'm +1 on postponing and getting these features and more contributions in.

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez

Posted by Alex Mattioli <Al...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.