Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Nathan Wiger <nw...@san.rr.com> on 1999/05/06 07:50:12 UTC

Re: general/4357: apachectl can't redirect to alternate configuation file

> Thanks for the report, but if you notice the line above
> the definition of HTTPD (which you're supposed to change),
> it says "# the path to your httpd binary, including
> options if necessary".  That's where you're supposed to
> add the '-f' or '-d' flags.

Yeah, I guess this would work too. I still think it makes it
a little more obvious having the conf file explicity mentioned;
maybe you could just expand the comments in the file with an extra
line like:

# for example, to specify a different conf file add '-f /path/to/file'

> Was you apachectl file created/modified by ./configure?
> Or are you using the default one from the download package?

It was generated by configure, and works really well; all the other
vars/etc are set correctly. Just thought that one suggestion
might clear things up a little...

By the way, thanks for the quick response, and keep up the good
work... :-)

-Nate

Nathan Wiger
UNIX System Administrator