Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> on 2003/03/19 08:32:53 UTC

Xerces Question

I've been trying to set up a CLIENT-CERT authentication for MemoryRealm (one
of the few that handles it :).  The CN for the cert has embedded &quot;
characters in it.  It seems that xerces chokes on attributes that have
&quot; embedded in them (which I had learned was the only reason to have
&quot; defined in the first place :).  I've tried all of the XML tricks that
I know (e.g. <!ENTITY quote "&#x026;#x022;">), but nothing works.  Any hints
on how to embed &quot; into an attribute?

Re: Xerces Question

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
I didn't try the command line, but from within Tomcat it certainly didn't
like it :).  Strangely, I get a different error with DataSourceRealm (not
that it helps, since DSR doesn't support CLIENT-CERT).

Costin's suggestion of hacking MemoryRuleSet to take elements sounds like
the easiest way to go.

Re: Xerces Question

Posted by Jean-Francois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.
 From your description, everything seems fine. Does the error occurs

Re: Xerces Question

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
Bill Barker wrote:

> I've been trying to set up a CLIENT-CERT authentication for MemoryRealm
> (one
> of the few that handles it :).  The CN for the cert has embedded &quot;
> characters in it.  It seems that xerces chokes on attributes that have
> &quot; embedded in them (which I had learned was the only reason to have
> &quot; defined in the first place :).  I've tried all of the XML tricks
> that
> I know (e.g. <!ENTITY quote "&#x026;#x022;">), but nothing works.  Any
> hints on how to embed &quot; into an attribute?

Just don't embed it in the attribute :-), add an element and make it
normal CDATA.

Costin