Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Tadas Makčinskas <Ta...@bdc.lt> on 2013/04/16 12:13:48 UTC

HW infrastructure for Hadoop

We are thinking to distribute like 50 node cluster. And trying to figure out what would be a good HW infrastructure (Disks – I/O‘s, RAM, CPUs, network). I cannot actually come around any examples that people ran and found it working well and cost effectively.

If anybody could share their best considered infrastructure. Would be a tremendous help not trying to figure it out on our own.

Regards, Tadas

Re: HW infrastructure for Hadoop

Posted by Adam Smieszny <ad...@cloudera.com>.
There are also reference architectures available from a variety of hardware
vendors - the likes of Dell, HP, IBM, Cisco, and others. They often outline
a reasonable framework for disk/cpu/memory mix, and usually include some
description of network as well. If you have a preferred hardware vendor,
that would be another route to pursue.

Cheers,
Adam

--