Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by drekka <de...@aegeon.com.au> on 2007/01/17 04:20:07 UTC

Unable to checkout maven and plugin source code

Hello everyone,

I've tried several times to checkout the source code so I can have a look
through it, and perhaps contribute back. However every time I try to do it,
the checkout process dies after about five minutes, returning the following
error:

REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: SSL peer shut down
incorrectly

I'm using the Eclipse subversion plugin to manage svn. Does anyone have any
idea what the issue is ?

ciao
Derek.

Re: Unable to checkout maven and plugin source code

Posted by allan ramirez <aq...@gmail.com>.
Hi drekka,

what component did you checked out? I tried the /plugins/trunk and it was
fine.

On 1/17/07, drekka <de...@aegeon.com.au> wrote:

> Yes I did have a https connection. I turned it off and tried again. This
> time
> I got:
>
> REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> Corrupt GZIP trailer
>
> ...and another attempt:
>
> REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> invalid block type
>
> After about 6 minutes of work. Looks likes it's always this file that is
> causing the problem.
>
> ciao
> Derek
>

> baerrach wrote:
> >
> > On 1/17/07, drekka <de...@aegeon.com.au> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello everyone,
> >>
> >> I've tried several times to checkout the source code so I can have a
> look
> >> through it, and perhaps contribute back. However every time I try to do
> >> it,
> >> the checkout process dies after about five minutes, returning the
> >> following
> >> error:
> >>
> >> REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> >> Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: SSL peer shut
> >> down
> >> incorrectly
> >>
> >> I'm using the Eclipse subversion plugin to manage svn. Does anyone have
> >> any
> >> idea what the issue is ?
> >
> > What is the connection URL you are attempting.
> > The error message appears to indicate you are using SSL.
> > The anonymous user connection is plain HTTP not SSL.
> >
> > I assume you looked at
> > http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-building-m2.html as
> > this is the only docs I could find that list the SVN repository.
> >
> > I am using the following URL
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven

- alramirez

Re: Unable to checkout maven and plugin source code

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Which version of the svn client are you using ?
I think our servers are in 1.3 thus it's better to have a client in 1.3 or
1.4

Arnaud

Posted by drekka <de...@aegeon.com.au>.

Posted by allan ramirez <aq...@gmail.com>.
I just checked out the source a while ago using svn command and I did not
encountered any problems with it.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.